- Continue excellence in our undergraduate program by providing a strong technical foundation to our graduates for engineering design and problem solving; preparing quality graduates for licensure and professional careers in civil engineering; encouraging modern and effective methods of instruction; maintaining close student-faculty interactions; and instilling life-long learning skills for professional growth after graduation.
Program Educational Objectives:
- In support of the mission, the Civil Engineering Department adopts the following program educational objectives:
1. Prepare our graduates to achieve professional engineering licensure and productivity in a design office setting.
2. Prepare our graduates to be future leaders as public employees and private consultants in civil engineering fields.
3. Have 25% of our graduates pursue and complete a graduate level degree.
4. Maintain and further develop a high quality accredited civil engineering program that is competitive with comparable programs in the southwest and throughout the nation.